Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkins Pumpkins We Love Pumpkins!

So I was reading Moneysavingmom.com (which is a GREAT blog BTW) and she writes this post on making pumpkin puree from scratch here and makes it sound easy. I get the bright idea that I should make this wonderful puree which will undoubtedly make my Thanksgiving pumpkin pies Superman good. I go to Walmart to buy the pie pumpkins (a whole lot smaller than the ones you carve) and come home thinking this is going to be a breeze! I didn't realize at the time that these little jewels would require a hacksaw to cut through opposed to the serrated knife that moneysavingmom had used! I really wish that I had taken pictures of me with the hacksaw going after these little pumpkins! It all did result in 13 Cups of pumpkin puree (most of which I froze) which I plan on making into an assortment of treats. My first attempt was White Chocolate Pumpkin Dreams which are some amazing cookies! Watch out for future additions to the pumpkin saga!

White Chocolate Pumpkin Dreams recipe

1 comment:

  1. I only wish that i could have been there to see you saw away at that poor pumpkin...so i could take photos and post them for all of the world to see. ;)

    ReplyDelete