Wednesday, November 3, 2010

MOPS Frozen Cookie Exchange

Here is a little tutorial for those who have not participated in the frozen cookie dough exchange before. I know the first time I did this I was a little confused about how this would work.


Mix your cookies as directed then scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or waxed paper. It doesn't have to be neat, just make sure they are not touching.


Then put the cookie sheet in your freezer for at least an hour. I have a tendency to forget mine are in there.


After they are frozen, put 4-6 cookies in a small freezer bag that has been labled with the cookie name and baking directions. You can write that info on each bag or make labels using your computer which I think is faster. These are not labeled because I'm not sure this is the cookie I'm bringing to the exchange.

You will need to bake up some of your cookies to bring to the exchange for us to try...which is the best part!!




You will also need to bring copies of your recipe for each person. Once everyone has RSVP'd you'll know how many copies to make. I took the easy way last year and printed on ready-made paper that I got at Walmart. Some people will choose to write each recipe out on cards or copy to white paper then cut and paste on recipe cards.


Put your bagged cookies in a cooler and come ready for some yummy fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment